There are two types of virus. HSV one is what we think of as cold sores. HSV two is general herpes, which is more recognized as a sexually transmitted disease.
Let’s Take a Look at Herpes Symptoms in Women
General symptoms of herpes in women could include:
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle aches in the knees, thighs, buttocks, or lower back
- General sick feeling or malaise
- Tender and swollen lymph nodes in the groin
- Genital symptoms entail tiny, painful blisters filled with straw-colored or clear fluid.
Other symptoms of herpes in women could include:
- Pain when urinating
- Vaginal discharge
- Problems urinating that may involve a urinary catheter
- Irritation of the area where the herpes is going to break out.
- A tingling feeling that leads to redness of the skin and formation of bolsters
- Clusters of bolsters make open sores which heal over time.