The more an issue is emotionally charged, the more crucial it is to learn the herpes facts. Most individuals know a lot more or nothing about herpes. Oftentimes, what information they have is tainted by misconception and myth.
Having the right information does not only make it easier for the partner, but it also makes it easier for yourself.
The following are a few of the fundamental herpes facts that could be imperative points to tell to your partner:
There are loads more information about herpes. Prepare educational materials for your partner to examine. Be ready to answer his or her questions.
• Most individuals who have the infection are not aware they have got it. The lack of symptoms doesn’t mean the person hasn’t got genital herpes.
• HSV can be transmitted when an individual has virus occurring on the skin and another individual makes direct (skin-to-skin) contact with the active virus.
• The virus is likely occurring the skin from the initial sign of prodrome (itching or tingling where the outbreak frequently occurs) until the blister or sores have entirely healed, and fresh skin is present.
• Possibly, there are particular days when the virus might be present on the skin even if obvious signs or symptoms are not occurring.
• Constantly utilizing latex condoms can lessen the risk of spreading the virus by around 50%.
• Herpes is often spread by infected individuals who are not aware that they’re infected. Since they haven’t been diagnosed, they’re not aware that they could be contagious now and then.
• There’s effective oral antiviral treatment for individuals with genital herpes.